Now this is a big one!
As I think most of you know, the reason I call myself and my dance school ‘BellyFire’ is because I perform both Bellydance and Bellydance with Fire. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I’ve decided that now is the time.
The ’BellyFire Flames’ – Fire Bellydance Troupe
I am inviting applications to join the BFSB Fire Bellydance troupe, the ‘BellyFire Flames’
*5 places only*
To confirm exactly what I mean by a Fire Bellydance Troupe, it will be a performance troupe who perform Bellydance with fire props. I am fully insured to teach fire Bellydance and if you joined the course I would teach you all the fire safety elements before we’d even pick up a lit up prop!!
Run initially as a 10 week course, to allow us to learn how to dance with fire safely, and we would learn a choreography to perform in that time.
I’m looking for people who want to commit to joining the troupe on an ongoing basis, not just for the length of the course. It is especially important that I find the right people as I can only open up 5 places and no more.
Classes starting in early September, conducted in my garden (near Wallingford, Oxfordshire) which allows for social distancing.
What do you get?
- A teacher / instructor with 10+ years fire bellydance experience
- Access to instruction in the UK rarely available outside of London (I spent 2 years travelling to East London every week after work to access this level of tuition!)
- A small group and therefore real individual attention from the teacher
- To learn all the safety aspects and techniques of dancing with fire
- To learn in a step by step experiential way learning to dance with fire
- To learn the art of fire bellydance performance mastery
- 15-20 hours tuition and practice under the safe and experienced eyes of your teacher
- All the equipment you need for the 10 week course will be included, including your first fire prop which will be uniquely yours (there will be no sharing of props in the current world situation!)
- A safe, socially distanced environment to learn in
- To be part of a sisterhood through being part of the troupe
- Performance opportunities
- Opportunties to grow as a dancer and as an individual
- To learn an unusual and unique skill!
- An initial 10 week course starting in September, at the end of which you will have learnt a full choreography and have performed it with fire
- An introduction to the other fire props you will be learning and working with in the troupe after the 10 week course
Who will you be?
- An individual who has some experience of bellydance moves who wishes to commit to being an integral member of a Fire Bellydance Troupe – you do not have to be an advanced bellydancer, but will have some experience of bellydance moves
- Someone who wants to learn to bellydance with fire!
- A team player
- Someone who can commit 1.5 – 2 hours of their time on a varying weekly / fortnightly basis, mainly on Saturday and /or a Sunday, though possibly weekday evenings from time to time
- Someone who intends to commit to remaining in the troupe after the initial 10 week course
- Someone who wants to be part of a supportive troupe
- Someone who wants to wow their audiences!
£200 for the 10 week course with everything included. Payment by instalments is available
15 – 20 hours of your time
Your intention to continue with the troupe after the 10 week course
I’m interested! What do I do next?
Complete the attached contact form expressing your interest in this opportunity, and we can discuss it from there.